Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another Day

I'm on day three of having a piece of glass in my foot. On saturday I went on some pretty grand adventures that left me soaked and cold from the rain and thus I removed my sopping wet shoes whilst driving home so as to thaw out my frozen toes a little. 
Unfortunately I decided that the effort to put the sopping wet shoes back onto my frozen toes was not entirely worth it for the short walk to my front door from my parking lot and managed to catch a small shard in my heel. Which, obviously isn't all that big on account I didn't realize it til the following morning whenst I felt some pain in my walk and examined to see it had become swollen and such. 

It's small enough and deep enough that I can't do much more than keep it clean and hope it works itself out on its own. It's an unpleasant business, but I'll live. 

It seems as though the rain may have let up for a little and I believe I shall be so inclined as to venture out on an adventure and, perhaps, explore the Hickory Hill trails a little better. I'm not usually one to enjoy doing things on my own, but I suppose I shall take advantage of the solitude before the summer gets too crazy. 

This is the first time in, well, my whole life that i haven't been spending these last two weeks of May with my family in Storm Lake drinking copious amounts of coffee, staying up til 3am partying like it's 1699, and filling every day with adventures of side walk chalking, coloring, kitten cuddling and bread making. It's a little odd to find things to do with myself just on my own, but I've enjoyed so many hours alone with the Lord which have been huge for my heart. 

I'm finding a lot of things that the Lord can work on me, especially if I give him opportunity to this summer. How I hope my life looks changed for the better when classes begin again in the fall. 

We'll see, I guess. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment