Saturday, May 25, 2013

a post with no purpose

I am so loving my free time! The only thing that would make my Jesus & Workout days better would be if I could see people more. But, all the same, I don't mind time alone with my Heavenly Father. 

Yesterday went a little differently than I had planned, but it was a good different. Originally my plan was to spend a little time with Jesus, trek my 12 miles, and then wash up and rest. It actually happened that I spent a lot of time with Jesus, met up with a friend, and then prayer walked for 4 miles. It wasn't 12, but it was glorious all the same. Talking with Jesus AND having a friend was delightful! Plus we did the trails behind my favorite cemetery and it was beautiful. I just love Jesus really a lot. 

One of the things my friend reminded me of is the importance of being thankful for the people in our lives that stay, even when a lot of people leave. I can remember how miserable I was the first several weeks of my sophomore year when I didn't have a single true friend to talk to and I spent many night crying and praying the Lord would grant me one, single friend so that I wouldn't have to be alone forever. :)

How blessed I am to now have more friends than I can count, including 2 very close friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment