Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Little Procrastination

The sun continues to show itself and thus I continue to have more happiness in my day. Except, the sun didn't decide to come out on Monday and that was really sad. My roommate and I both noticed and found ourselves tired and slightly depressed. 


There's nothing really new in my life to speak of, I just wanted to post again because I get quite bored seeing the same post for lots of days in a row. :) Currently, my academic life is attempting to squish me. 
Today I had some ASL homework and an extra credit paper. Tomorrow I have a pretty big exam and friday I have an other quiz.
Next week I have 3 essays and other such business like that. Pheewww! I'm ready for spring break. It doesn't seem like it' should to be so soon... but I could use it all the same. It's about that time of the semester where the routine of everything is kind of exhausting. 


But! Today I discovered a sign in the dining hall that said "Gluten free bread, bagels, brownies and cookies found here.. just ask" and I got very excited. Ask I did and got to eat a sandwich for the first time in a couple months. It was rather delightful. :) While I would very much love for this gluten intolerant thing to be temporary and short-lived, I'm finding that it's actually hereditary and shows up at different times in one's life. Unfortunately.. it's showing up quite a bit on my mother's side of the tree and it doesn't look to be too promising for me. I'm not too saddened by this, though, because my last few months of gluten-freeness have been absolutely delightful. :) And! My gluten-free brownie at lunch today was no disappointment. 


I think my next move might be to check out what other kinds of gluten-free products are out there that the world has to offer. While it makes eating out and going on dates slightly more challenging, it has been nice to feel healthy and not have an upset stomach all the time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment