Friday, January 20, 2012

Random January thoughts

Since everyone posts all their accomplishments and proud moments (and sometimes not proud moments) on Facebook for everyone to see and "like" and comment on...  I decided not to put this on Facebook. But! I am very proud of this. While I was home on break, Young Mr. Kolby needed a hair cut. Usually Pearl does all the boys' hair around our house but as it was, Kolby didn't want Pearl to cut his hair when she was home and it was rather long and quite curly. 

I've cut my other brothers' hair before and their hair is not curly and so I found that there is a little more challenge in cutting curly hair because it does not cooperate very well. Even MORE skill is required in cutting hair for a 7 year old boy because HE does not cooperate either.. well.. he was pretty good.. just squirmy and impatient. 
Along with the fact that I attempted to give some hair cuts over the summer and they weren't as awesome as Pearl's haircuts. But, to my very pleasant surprise, Kolby trusted me to cut his hair. :) YAY! So, after I took about 3 or 4 inches off of his head.. he was free to go :) I think he said he liked his haircut too. 

Before                                                                                                                    After          

No comments:

Post a Comment