Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Peanuts to Raisins

I am accepted, I am God's child. 


This phrase has been so ingrained in my mind since I was in 8th grade when my mom first started making me memorize Dr. Neil Anderson's list of identity in Christ verses.  
By the time I graduated high school I had the whole list of over 80 Bible verses memorized with their references and captions. 
Everyday for three months I would spend a couple hours of my day reciting the list over and over so I would have it down pact by the time I had to recite it to my mom without error. 
"I am accepted, I am God's Child.." I didn't really think of the importance of this at the time seeing as I was just memorizing it so I could graduate high school, but, it has been most beneficial since then.


It's really wonderful because it's something that God brings to mind when you most need to hear it. 
I've been hearing it a lot lately and it's been a great constant reminder to me of my true identity. 
I wish I had deeper thoughts to share, but that's basically what's been going through my mind recently. 


Other than that, I'm super thankful for the weather. It's been in the 60s the last few days, which is so incredibly rare for Janurary... I imagine that the occupiers camped out in College Green Park have been praying or something to that affect. Either way, I'm not complaining. I love it a lot!


 Today is tuesday. My roughest, difficultest day of the week. I don't have much of a break between classes, and I'm in class from 11:30 til 4:45 on Tuesdays and so the weather was a nice pick me up. 
I even got out of class at 4:20 something and walked home in it. It was just so good!


Also! my health is starting to improve a little. I miss being able to eat bread though. I truly hope someday (soon) I will be able to consume gluten with out a worry. Especially since today my lunch consisted of an apple and some mixed raisins and peanuts. Unfortunately, I had far too many peanuts to raisins and so my enjoyment of that was not what I was expecting. No matter, though! I rather enjoyed my apple quite a bit. 
I also really enjoy my biology professor. He's retiring at the end of the semester and I find him to be rather hilarious. He's rather old, (70s I think) and he wears large black glasses that have tape on them and the thick glass lenses have been known to pop out during lecture. Today he was explaining something about cell and rather excitedly waved his hands above his head. In doing this he knocked his glasses askew on his face. He then began to clutch his heart saying, "oh no! What's happening?? What's happening??" He then fixed his glasses, clutched his heart once more and said, "Oh my, oh man, I thought I was on an acid trip there for a second.. oh thank goodness." And then continued on in lecture. 
He also laughs at his own jokes a lot which I think is really funny. : ) As much as I don't understand biology very well, I kind of love the class because of the prof.



















No comments:

Post a Comment