Monday, January 23, 2012

A little bit of Life

I've reached a little bit of a writer's block in that I haven't had any inspiring thoughts or deep ponderments of late.. but I don't want this blog to get boring either. :)


So my life.. Classes started a week ago tuesday and they are going quite well. There's only one or two that I foresee as difficult, and I say difficult because it will be difficult for me to stay awake and/or focused in them as the teacher's monotone voice drones on while the powerpoint slide stays the same for 20 minutes. I'm rather terrible at focusing during lectures sometimes. I haven't had to sit in a lecture hall with 100 other students since freshman year and so it's a bit of a challenge to get used to that again. 
I've rather trained myself to fall asleep to monotone voices. At home, when my siblings and I want to take an afternoon nap, we watch Planet Earth documentaries and fall fast asleep. (Last time I was home we watched a documentary on China... I was out 15 minutes in. ) So.. lectures will be a fun challenge.


Oh! And another thing about me is that I'm attempting to fix some health problems by avoiding gluten, starch, sugar, and lactose for a few months. When I was 15 yrs. old I had a bad case of food poisoning that landed me in the ER with IVs and blood tests and other such nasty needle business. Since then I've had various stomach issues with mild lactose intolerance, stomach ulcers, upset stomach.. etc. Apparently that's not normal and (hopefully) can be fixed. Woohoo! It's been a little bit of an adventure finding things that are okay to eat while my intestines repair themselves. 


Apples and Peanut butter = BEST. SNACK. EVER!

One of my most favorite discoveries has been all-natural peanut butter. :) I have never much been a fan of peanut butter. I ate it on occasion and didn't mind it with chocolate, but, it had a very sticky texture that I didn't much care for. Then! My mom brought me home this piece of heaven that doesn't have any sugar or honey or anything added to it. Since discovering it 16 days ago, I have managed to consume 4 jars of it. I eat it with apples. I LOVE apples. My most favorite snack I'd say. I've eaten so many apples the last couple weeks, I don't think the doctor could get close to me if he tried. Teehee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment