Saturday, February 1, 2014

Raising Support


Friends! Did I tell you all I was going back to Nicaragua?? I  AM!!! Last year was just too good not to go back at least once. :) 

Last night as I was in the beginning stages of falling asleep, I suddenly had this mini panic attack about getting all of my support raised. I've been making some progress, but with the trip just 1 1/2 months off, I've all the sudden decided to freak out slightly. 

But, also, I know I can trust God. I've never worried that God wouldn't put the funds there when I needed them. Someone once told me that anxiety is just a brief case of atheism. So, of course, I'm going to just put it all in the Lord's hands and be expectant of His provision. :)

But I had this idea! Since you, my readers, have been backing me with encouragement with everything I post, why not give you the great opportunity to back me on this trip with your prayers and pennies? 

Of course, more than anything else in the world, I just want you to pray for me! Pray for my heart! Pray for the people! Pray for God's love to spill out of my and splash unto everything I do. 

Pray for my team. We are a medical team (But don't be deceived, I'm not medical anything) bringing the Gospel to the villages of Nicaragua. I will be flying South with Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Physical Therapists, Nurses, Pastors, veterinarians ... people, and we will set up a clinic in a village and share the Gospel with the locals. And then, once given the opportunity to receive the Lord, they will be given the opportunity to be seen and cared for by the medical team. 

Last year I got to be a part of the team that shared the Gospel with the children through a translator and then switch off filling prescriptions in the pharmacy. Guys, my heart is bursting with joy at the memory of all the children who bowed their little heads and asked Jesus into their heart! That's why I wanna go back! 

So here's what I'm asking for: 


1. The biggest thing I ask for as I begin this adventure is prayer. It is such a powerful thing and I 

wouldn’t wish to go anywhere without an army of prayer warriors backing me up. 


2. Secondly, this trip is going to cost about $2500. I ask that you would prayerfully consider 

giving financially to help send me on this grand adventure. 


If there was anything one thing about myself that I know absolutely without a doubt, is that I was created to glorify Christ through loving His people. There is nothing that I have done that has given me a greater joy. 

If you so desire to send support financially, checks should be written out to 'BMDMI' (The organization I'm going with) and then mailed to:



Kurt Van Hulzen

2397 Wadsley Ave

Sac City, IA 50583

with a note on a separate paper with my name.

When you send support, please email me at fern.faith.kohl@gmail.com so that I can properly thank you and also make sure Kurt receives it. 

That's all I got. :) Can't wait to share my adventure with you all in a few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment