Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Project Valentine.. (Spoilers!)

It's fast approaching, guys! VALENTINES!!! 

It's like a second Christmas. The idea that giving is far better than receiving is replayed as love catches its second wind and my heart is just dancing in anticipation. 

I'm having SO much fun that I wanted to share my joy with you! 

My house is exploding with this Valentines Project. It's a mess! Usually, we keep our living room semi-in order so that we can have guests and visitors pop by at a moment's notice. Well, Pop by if you like, we'll give you chocolates and cake, but you'll have to be okay with the tornado that is Valentines Day. 

There are papers, envelopes, crayons, markers, scissors, papers, Bibles, tape, glue, hearts, pens.... everything strewn every where as we attempt to make sure all those on our lists get a little bit of love this year. 

It's Day 4 in our house-hold, actually. We've been seriously running the creative, punny, loving Valentine juices for 4 days. With a few Valentines short of 100 having been made and a list that keeps growing, and 3 days to go... OH MY GOODNESS... My head is spinning. 

And it's not just the cards made form the bottom of our hearts in our left-most ventricle (To borrow my friend Lauren's words)...envelopes, guys. 

My highschool Bible study leader often remarked that, "it's all about presentation." She was talking about food that she served... but I mean.. you can apply that wisdom to everything. 



" WHY??" You might ask... Well... Because..love.

God, actually. My love. My forever Valentine. He is basically dancing in my heart ALL THE TIME and I can do nothing but dump the flood out on all my friends and family... and acquaintances and people I've never met before. It's really a tornado.. for real. 

Love. You can't escape it. 

Funny thing, though, is that there are actually some haters out there who think it's rather middle school to take Valentines Day so seriously. 
I smile. 

It makes me think of Jesus saying, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:15)
Because children get it. Love and stuff. It's not about romance or partnership or whatever.. it's just love and joy and affection. 

Because Jesus. 

My forever Valentine wants to be your Valentine too. :) 

Be loved.

 For you are the Beloved. 




1 comment:

  1. AUGH CALVIN AND HOBBES ENVELOPES PLEASE MAKE LOADS OF THEM SO I CAN PURCHASE THEM AND HAVE THEM AND GIVE THEM TO FRIENDS.

    Seriously, you ladies are just saturated with creativity.

    ReplyDelete