Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Humpday!!

Good morning, 2014! It seems I am the only awake member in my household at this point... or the only awake one that has emerged out of one's blankets at least. Not on purpose though. 

A couple days ago, I started coming down with some sorta nasty bug and it seems to get worse every day. Unfortunately, this is the day that I head back to Iowa City to figure the next 6 months of my life out. It will be rough. 

Yesterday when I woke up, Kyle was standing over me and asking if there was anything he could get me. I didn't even have a voice to ask so he started with a giant glass of cold water. He then decided he'd make me breakfast and bring it to me in bed, complete with a pre-peeled orange. Oh my goodness, I forgot how nice it is to be near family when ill. 

I don't have any really coherent thoughts beyond this point. My head hurts, I can't breath, my eyes are burning, and I'm cold. I want to stay here forever. Close to family, close to my brothers and sisters, away from reality. 

I never do these New Years resolutiony- feelings-y -slimey wimey emotionsy posts that people all over my facebook page do. Usually... I never do. 

But basically, 2013 started out with my heart being repaired and restored and brought to a new thing. And then it was showered with blessings in the form of new friends and new adventures. Then it went back to stretch and break and test and try mode. The Lord and my heart that is. My heart didn't break though. It just developed a billion stress fractures. 

That's it. 

So  maybe my 2014 (Honestly, I think new years resolutions are stupid) goal will be to get all shards of bitter out of the deep places of my heart. Blahh.. bitter is nasty. I'm even too bitter for myself to handle. 

Basically, I need Jesus today. And every day after today. And every night. And every hour and minute and second and everything. That's it. 


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!! I'm with you. It is good to be at home with family and reality is down right scary.

    Going into the new year knowing you need Jesus for everyday ahead of you is a good thing. Many people start out the new year with a list of things they are going to fix about themselves or adventures they want to have. However, real change happens with Jesus. Thanks for the reminder to make Him the center of my resolutions.

    ReplyDelete