Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thirsty Thursday (A coffee shop blog)

Back to unserious posting (Maybe). :) Here we are, 22 hours from THE END OH MY GOODNESS I'M ALMOST DONE!!!!

My so far tragedy of the day is that I'm out of the bananas and cream oat meal packets and thus only have maple and brown sugar. I realllly hate oatmeal in general, so I'm not sure what I was thinking when I got the oatmeal other than, "It's quick, it's healthy, and I can save money on breakfast by only eating oatmeal or skipping breakfast when I can't handle it."

...My oatmeal reminds me of brains this morning.. this is going to be difficult. 

------
My roommate suggested putting chocolate chips in the oatmeal... brilliance. Truly. It made that experience a little bit less painful. 

-------

Cafe Crema, guys. It's the best! I found this place a year ago this time... just before finals, and well.... my life has been greatly improved by its existence. I'm also making GREAT progress on my studies. 

Seriously, live human beings help so much. 

I have one sitting in until noon, and then I have one to cover noon til 1pm.. and then I have 2-3 covered (kind of) and then! Another human is coming to exist in my presence at 3pm. What great friends I have! (yes, for those of you who are asking "Wait..you have friends??" Yes I do. The best kinds, too.)

Also! I mixed my Christmas playlist with my Time Alone with God playlist... :) Happppy happy happy joy in my heart, it's so great! Like.. Christmas married Jesus and it's the most amazing thing ever. I mean.. Jesus is Christmas. 

--------

I broke for lunch, came back to the coffee shop.. and BOOM! Friends! Everywhere friends! 6 of them scattered through out. Whattttttt! What is this! AND I have more coming. YAY!!!

Also, fun facts about Fern... the combination of only having one kidney and drinking too much caffeine without water makes Fern turn pink. Well... red..splotchy...looks-like-hives-but-isnt. (Where the Red Fern Grows lol! Ya...so much jokes about that..) I mean.... I don't know why. But... Fern's need water. That's my only conclusion. 

Coffee... water... :/ Fern's like coffee better. 

------

Here's a thought! To the guy who is wearing red plaid and green pants... because it is Christmas, that's okay. IF it weren't Christmas... it's probably still okay.. but only kind of okay. Just a tiny bit. I mean.. it's okay. I guess. 

Why'd I put in my contacts this morning? I haven't worn them much since before Thanksgiving... BECAUSE THEY STICK TO MY EYEBALLS. I thought they were supposed to help me see... well.. whatever. Glasses are so hipster these days. Not that I'm hipster. Not on purpose anyways. I was home-schooled.. so I'm terrible at fashion basically all the time.. and sometimes people say things to me like, "Fern! What a great outfit! I love that you push things just a little.. you always push it a little but somehow make it work..." ...uhm..thanks? I mean.. I wasn't trying to push anything.. but I guess I'm just a little bit weird. Whatever. Normal is overrated anyways. Besides... with a name like Fern.. people assume you're a hippie anyways. They probably assume I hug trees and recycle and eat organic. Truthfully, I only hug trees long enough to carry the stack of them to the wood stove before I burn them.  Recycling?? I mean...I'm all about freedom and liberation of the carbons. LET THE FREE I SAY! Burn the plastics and release them to be free like the rest of them. 
So... all that is to say... non-hippie Fern can wear glasses and not feel to weird about it. I just don't like that they fog up when I come in from outside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment