Saturday, June 23, 2012

June Buggin' ( A Smattering of Thoughts)

Oh my goodness! I feel like summer is that one really fun roller coaster ride that you wait 2 hours and forever in line for only to jump on and enjoy it for all of the 36 seconds that it lasts. So much fun, way too short! I know that there's still at least a month of summer left, but my ride just keeps going faster and it won't be slowing down in time for me to catch up before I find myself back in Iowa City with only a few days to prepare myself for school all over again. 


Pheewww!! Well, what keeps me busy? A ton of things! The Bridge has been a joy and a half! I wish I  had pictures to show, one of these days I will bring my camera with me to work. But I think I've finally built the needed trust and relationship with the girls at the Seneca Center in order to feel like I'm actually making progress there. It started a week and a half ago when I had the 3 yr old daughter of the couple who started the Bridge and we were playing on the playground. We started a game of "Mother May I?" with just the two of us (lol) and then more and more girls wanted to join in and play. Before I knew it there were about 14 kids and we were playing Red Light Green Light like there was no tomorrow. The last time I went out there, I had about 15 kids all playing Red Light Green Light, Wizards-Giants-And Dwarves, Duck Duck Goose, and Johnny Come Across for hours. 
I love it!! It's so fun to just love all these children and play games with them as they try to pass the hot hours of the afternoon with not much around for entertainment. 
I'm SO excited that we will be bringing several of these children on a bus to VBS next week along with several children from the Park Center as well! 


I also had a really random thought the other day while I was beating egg whites for egg white fluff. 
As I started separating my eggs, I realized a yoke had popped and I had to be careful not to let it in with any of the whites I'd already put into my mixer. I don't know if you've fluffed egg whites before, but the tiniest little bit of egg yoke will ruin the whole batch and make so it doesn't fluff at all. While I was working on this, I was reminded of the verse in the Bible that talks about how we shouldn't have even a hint of sexual impurity in us. Just like a hint of yoke will make it so that the egg whites never become the white fluffy goodness they're supposed to be, a hint of sexual impurity can keep us from enjoying marriage as it was meant as well. It was a super random thought but I like the analogy of it. 


So with my egg white fluff, I've been folding it into my plain yogurt and freezing it and enjoying the fluffiest fro-yo of my life. It's SO good. :)



Other things in my life , there was a really good sunset in between thunderstorms a week or two ago! All who were home (Parents, Grace, myself and the 3 young ones) went out and enjoyed it by dancing on the road and taking pictures. 
Last night after arriving home shortly after 8:30 I was delighted at how lovely the weather was outside. I asked my siblings if it was a good night for camping and they all agreed and so we had an impromptu camp out in the South garden. I generally prefer to camp out in the front yard because, in my opinion, I feel it's safer and less likely to be interrupted by whatever animal chooses to wander through. 
Sometime around midnight I'm pretty sure I was cuddled up to Kolby with the blankets over my head as some strange animal had chosen to make it bed on the outside of the tent but was laying on me 'cuz I was by the tent wall. Shortly after 3am there was a thunderstorm and i was a little thankful for it because the animal was still laying on the outside of our tent and I didn't want to sleep next to it the whole night. Upon exiting the tent, I found it was just a cat. :/ 

And this is the wonderful study I'm doing! I LOVE it. I think it was written just for me. After having spent several month in prayer for God to teach me how to have joy in the hard times and after having been clawing my way out of various pits in effort to see the light of God's glory, I am just THRILLED beyond belief with what God is doing in my heart through this study. It's just SO SO SO good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment