Friday, June 15, 2012

Hours in a Day

I know I've said this before, but I wish days were longer. And nights too! Or I wish that sleep wasn't necessary. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sleep, but I don't seem to have much time for it and sometimes i feel like it would just be nice if I didn't have to sleep because it takes up so much time. 


This morning I was awakened by the last buzz of my alarm at 5:20. I had set my clock for 5:00 and had apparently slept past it. I contemplated if I wanted to go running or if I wanted to sleep a little more before opting for getting up and readying for a run. It was 5:35 by the time I was ready to go and in the peace and quiet of a still sleeping house the thought of spending time with Jesus became way more appealing. : ) So I skipped my run and have thus far gotten to spend 2 hours with the Father already today! What a delight! Days like today, I miss my coffee. How I love a hot cup of coffee along with a morning in the Word, but today it was caffeine free peppermint tea with almond milk. 


For those who wonder, I think my intestines are indeed showing signs of healing! The pain symptoms I've had have decreased exponentially and it's only on occasion that I feel stomach pain. Although, I am some worried that my gluten sensitivity has increased, I'm determined to find healing enough to welcome it back into my life. 


So I absolutely love studying the book of James. James is my guy! In fact, my all time favorite verses have been James 1:2-4 for the last number of years. James is practical and he's about joy and a good heart attitude. I've been praying the last number of weeks that God would being doing a work in my heart as I've been all too aware of my potential for growth and stunted walk with the Lord. 
It has been my prayer for so long that God would make me fall in love with him once again.


I dare say He is doing just that. Unfortunately as the title of this post claims, there are not enough hours in a day. Perhaps I will write more after work today. I have lots to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment