Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June-5-12

Okay, so.. boring post title, I know. But it's after 9pm and I'm currently out of creativity. 
My summer started as an open slate of endless possibilities and as I have found out, I am a little more ambitious than I have time for exactly. 


I recently started my internship with The Bridge of Storm Lake. The days are full but delightful. As I had hoped, my days will take all of me. My heart must be fully committed to the Lord and fully committed to serving His people. It's what I need, I think. Some people like a little flexibility in their walk but I need to be pinned down or else I'm all over the place. My days will usually always start at 9 (except during VBS weeks it will start earlier) and they end anywhere between 5pm and 9pm. Long days, full days, good days. 


The only bummer is trying to balance being a part-time student, full-time family member etc. 


But there are a lot of unexpected blessings that came with this job. 


For one, I'm in a Beth Moore Bible study!! (I LOVE BETH MOORE!) This was SUCH a surprise. I showed up to my briefing meeting on Monday morning and found the study book next to my folder along with a schedule that informed me that Bible study would be on Tuesday nights. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful this is to me. 
For example, the amount of women my age in this area that I know personally is zero. I didn't realize this until one of my co-workers asked me if I had friends in the area today.. I don't. I never needed to notice this because I have my siblings as friends as well as a few of my brothers friends to entertain me well enough. But I really am starved for fellowship when being in Storm Lake. It's funny, though, because I anticipated not being in community this summer, I've been trying really hard to pursue God on my own and grow in my faith just by feeding myself. And now I'm getting all this additional nourishment as well as being placed in a study with 5 or 6 other like-minded women my age and being in constant fellowship with other believers as we serve the Lord together. 


An other thing is that I have a discipler from the church that I grew up in. I'm not sure what study I'll do with her yet but I'm excited to have one-on-one investment time. 


Right  now my miles are on hold as I figure out how to better manage my time. People keep telling me that I need to make lists and schedules to help me stay on top of things. I'm not a lists or skedge person, but I'll make some attempts at some when I get to it/find time. 


Phew!! It's almost ten now, I've been home a little over an hour and I must return to work in less than 12 hours. Sometimes I wish there were more hours in a day. : / Until then, bed time calls. 



No comments:

Post a Comment