Wednesday, April 11, 2012

That's sketchy

I used to like to sketch/ draw things a lot. I mean... I still kinda do, I just don't have time/ don't really have that much talent for it. But, the other day I found a few of my favorites that I've done in the past, and I know I've shared some on facebook before, but I thought I'd share them again. 


I've never taken any form of art lessons or anything like that, I just picked up a pencil one day and decided I like drawing. 



I call this structure the prairie house. It's the original house from our farmstead that was used in the 1800s. It now has our greenhouse attached to it so it looks a little different.. but I always thought it looked beautiful. 

This is our "White Barn" & it's biggest barn on our farm. I think it used to be a cattle barn... it seems to have some sort of milking parlor in it as well as a basket ball court on the 2nd floor. 

Another barn from the farm... I have no idea what it's original use was, but we used it for chickens once, and Dad stores his beehives in there sometimes. 

This is a wall behind my dorm building from last year. If you've never been to Quad it's really pretty. 

This is an attempt at my little brother, Kolby, being silly. A lot of people told me it looks like he's puking... he's not. 

The living room in my parent's house. 

The gazebo in the North garden. It was a little overgrown with grass at the end of the summer. 

I drew this horse one time.. just for fun.

Kind of the front view of our house. We have since expanded it and cut down trees, though. 

We always called this the hog barn... but we never had pigs and always kept our sheep in it. Now it has the baby cows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment