Thursday, December 12, 2013

In The Computer Lab...

*Sigh* It's only 1:10pm. I've been on campus since 10:30am and will continue in being here til 5ish.
I failed to bring my lunch today. I basically always fail to do that. Fortunately I had a packet of dry oatmeal as well as the last little bits of my dry apple chips in my book bag.

I decided with it being as cold as it is out there, I'm not leaving the building I have class in until I get to go home. So basically I'm holed up in a computer lab reading my Marriage and Family textbook and catching up on all the quizes I didn't take through out the semester. It was terribly nice of my professor to re-open all the ones I'd missed on account he "Liked having the power to make me smile." Shucks, Prof, you're great.

I'm taking a final tomorrow morning as well! YAY! Only because it's a take home final and one of my classmates texted me to inform me that he'd missed way too many classes to know how to answer the questions and so he asked for my help. Not that I mean to support someone sherking class all semester and then using good ol' responsible me for a good grade, but I really do appreciate someone offering to do my extroverted self a favor by keeping me company in exchange for the answers to the exam. It's a win/win situation, basically.

I epically bruised the whole top of my right hand on Monday night. My transmission was acting kind of sketchy and I wasn't about to take ANY chances with my new car. So I promptly took my car to Walmart and invested in some Seafoam product. (I highly recommend your use of this car-internal-system-saving-wonder as the owner of this magical fluid has an incredible passion for the Lord and basically most of the profit goes to the support of missions.) The problem with having a new car, I haven't had has much need to peek under my hood after having done the usual fluid checks when I first got it. However, in October I had noticed the transmission fluid a little on the low end and have been meaning to add some juice to it but I kept forgetting.

So! Knowing that my fluid HAD been low, when my car hesitated ever so slightly when shifting gears my heart basically started hesitating beating. (OH EM GEE NOT MY TRANSMISSION AGAIN!)
 So, product in hand, I pulled the hood popper inside my car and then began the task of feeling around on the hood to try and find the little lever thing you pull to unlatch the rest of the hood. Well, the more I felt around, the numb-er my hands got. And 15 minutes later, after 5 men boys had walked by and stared but not offered assistance, I got it. Then I remembered that it normally takes wearing a dress and having the hood already popped that guys tend to flock to my vehicle. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I have trouble in -20degree windchill weather.

So, my car is fine. My hand is not. Once it thawed out at home I noticed the epic purple bruise forming. I woke up the next morning with it being even bigger and quite swollen. Today it is  dark green, but a little less swollen. Ah me. If I ever have money and spare time, I'm going to take a mechanics class and be well informed of the car world. 


*sigh* Anyways...  You will probably be reading a lot more insane rants of a college student in the next week. O_O only one week.... is this even real life??






1 comment:

  1. I've used Seafoam before, and it's awesome. I had no idea the manufacturer loved Jesus so much!

    ReplyDelete