Friday, September 2, 2011

Surprised by Joy

This morning I woke very excited about life. I'm not exactly sure why.. but I am. 
Perhaps it is because today I declare myself to be 99.9% healthy again. (Still a little bit of a cough)
OR! Perhaps it is because last night I had some really good time with my friend, Jenny, and my other really good friend, Jesus.  Oh yes, me Jenny and Jesus, us three hung out last night. 


Jenny and I are wanting to lead a connection group (Bible study) this year but we have run into a little bit of a problem... we only had one person want to be in our group. That has much potential for an awkward CG night. So! We got together with Jesus and we're asking for 7 ladies by Christmas time so we can have 9 lovely ladies loving Jesus together. :D I'm very excited for the ladies Jesus is sending because I have a feeling they will be wonderful. 


But i got to thinking. It takes some faith to pray specific prayers like that. And I was reminded of a verse in Romans 12 that goes
"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." 


That little part about the faith God has distributed is was sticks out to you. God gives you the exact amount of faith you need and tells you that your faith is enough to move mountains! :) SO! I'm really excited about that. 


I'm also really excited because God has given me the awesome pleasure of having to pray fervently and wait patiently and walked with me through some very faith testing times and so I know how good it is to trust him. It's just so sweet!


Oh! Another thing and I'm just really excited to see God do is bring one of my good friends into his kingdom. This friend doesn't love Jesus yet... but soon, he will!! And it's gonna be SO great and wonderful and I'm gonna be all over the place praising Jesus about it. I mean.. I already am! I'm excited to gain a new brother in Christ. It's kind of like when a family is anticipating a new baby.  So much anticipation and excitement a little impatience cuz you just want it to get there already. I'm super excited for my friend to fall in love with Jesus. I just want him to get here already! But I'ma wait patiently while God develops him a little more so he doesn't come prematurely and have lots of difficulties and troubles surviving. 


Siiigh... I just really love Jesus. 



Psalm 43:3-4


 Send me your light and your faithful care,
   let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
   to the place where you dwell. 
Then I will go to the altar of God,
   to God, my joy and my delight. 
I will praise you with the lyre,
   O God, my God.








No comments:

Post a Comment