Thursday, March 10, 2016

Another Adventure Begins!

Wouldn't it just be jolly well of me to send you all letters directing you to read my blog and then never blog?? Bless.. I had many intentions, I promised. I drafted 7 blogs in total, think. But never quite found the time to edit them and post them. It's not that I'm never home.. its just that I spend so much time on a computer at work that when I'm home, I'm rather content to just sit in silence by my fireplace with my ukulele for company.

Anyways.. Let me update you as I promised. Like every other troubled, irresponsible youth of our day, I am last minute packing the night before the first bit of my journey. I rather hope I don't forget anything. It would be such a trouble if I did. 





We were informed not long ago that we will be in Pueblo Nuevo.. which means, 'New Town' to the extent of my Spanish knowledge, I could be wrong. I have included a map for your enjoyment. As you can see, we shall be in rather a tropical location this time 'round and it will actually only be about 2 hours or so out of Managua.

Rumor has it that there was a bit of a trouble getting the local village to surrender their school for the entire week, so we have accepted 3 buildings that will most likely act as the kitchen, a dentistry, and a room for us ladies to sleep. The men shall just have to sleep their selves outside with our pharmacy supplies.

I'm not entirely sure how that shall look, but it shall be an adventure. I am bring a mosquito net and a hammock and am feeling like it might be rather well to sleep out under the stars. But perhaps my being a lady might hinder the wisdom of such a venture and I may just accept sleeping under my tin roof. 





As far as support was going, which the Lord is so funny this way, it was just today around noon that I was asked after the state of my support, it was then that I was just a handful of dollars short, by my calculations. And it was at 9:28pm this evening that I happened to encounter someone who had been wanting to support my trip and was handed a check which put the little cherry on top the cake.
How blessed I am!! I am so loved. The Lord loves me well through all of you.

I know not everyone who reads this blog was a recipient of my support letter this year, but, if you read this blog, you know that one of my main (And probably selfish) reasons for this trip is because I really just need a week with Jesus.

This is as fancy a vacation as I could ever want, no electricity or running water, no roof over our head or much floor under our feet. No electricity or warm water for showers, no phones, no internet.

But you really don't need any of those things.

The most wonderful thing is that every day you awake with the same purpose: Being loved by God and sharing that love with everyone around you.

It's the most richest thing anyone could ever experience. It makes you to feel like the wealthiest  human being to ever grace the planet. Who gets to say they showered under the stars and rode a horse over an exploded volcano? But loving Jesus means Jesus invites you on grand adventures.

Loving Jesus is the grandest adventure! Truly. And I'm off to go tell that to people who won't be able to understand a word I say. :)

1 comment: