Saturday, October 3, 2015

knowing a little unknown... AKA I GOT A JOB

Happy October, friends! I had all but given up on ever getting to tell you my job situaion had changed, but, it's a new month, it's a new chapter. I am beyond EXCITED to announce that I have accepted a position with a company where I get to sit in a cubical and inspect paperwork and make sure it looks good and if it doesn't..I get to call them and tell them as much.

Bad guy, business. I havent started yet, and nothing about it seems to make feel especially comfortable, but it's a job and I am very thankful.

Actually, after days turned into weeks which turned into months of nothing... it came down to two jobs. I interviewed for two different jobs in different situations. One for a church office assistant and one for a cubical same-old-same-old job. I thought about the church job.. i thought, "this is it! Church environment, believing co-workers, technically doing ministry because its the behind-the-scenes stuff that all churches need." Then I interviewed for the coorporate job and it was same hours, same pay... but I felt like I blew the interview as I talked about how much I love helping people and they then explained I'd be ruining people's days.

I felt like "well, if I blew that interview, oh well.. Id rather work in a church, serving the Lord, it seems more right." But I was actually really upset at the thought of not getting the cubical job. For some inexplainable reason.. I mean.. Im not a cubical person. Im a front-desk-front-office-load-me-ith-work kinda girl. But, I just felt like, maybe the Lord doesnt intend for me to take the easy road when He puts easy things in front of me. Plus, I wasnt sure I was fully sensing the Holy Spirit during the church interview, and I think it would be very discouraging to me if I worked in a church where peeople are supposed to love Jesus but don't.. rather than a boring ol' office job where people just might not even know Jesus exists.

But, Wednesday afternoon I got a call and was asked, "if you were offered this job, what would make you hesitate" and so I said, " I interviewed for a job at a church and I thought i would prefer that one, but at this point, its who ever gets to me first and I havent heard from them" and so the lady on the other end of the phone said, "Well, they are offering you the position."

I took the night to sleep on it, and by 8am the next morning I knew I wanted to take the cubical job.
I called the other job to let them know I was accepting a position elsewhere and so they could move forward without me, and was told the lady who had interviewed me had been sick but intended to schedule me for a second interview. Even after I had officially accepted the cubical job, the church job called and said theyd like to still give me the option of joining them and backing out of the other job.

After nothing for FOREVER, I had too much. Tempting as it was.. I wanted to be a girl of my word, accepting the first one I committed to. PLUS! On top of all that, I kept thinking about a conversation I had with the guy who owns a company called Seafoam. His company had given me scholarships all throughout college that helped immensly with college bills and I had asked why they felt the need to be so generous. He said it was his goal to get believers into the working world. By finding college kids who truly loved the Lord and then investing in their college education, he intended to get more believers onto the corporate mission field. And, as I thought of that conversation, I thought, he invested in me, hoping Id be reaching the non-believers in the cubical life. And so! That was another motivation for this job.

I start on a Monday, Oct. 12th. Im trying not to freakout about all the unknowns and such. Trying to take the last week of freedom and rest in God's goodness.

So, all of you sweet praying friends, thank you. My unknown future is vaguely less unknown.



No comments:

Post a Comment