Saturday, March 16, 2013

Safe and sound

I'm here!! Nicaragua! I can't even begin to describe it. I didn't sleep much last night..if at all. 
This fiasco happened in the airport this morning when Houston sent a smaller airplane than planned when the bigger plane had mechanical problems. 8 of our team members got bumped and they have spent the entire day being flown all over the U.S. trying to make it to Houston. They were driven to the airport in Sioux Falls, flown to Denver, currently on their way to Portland where they will try to sleep on the plane as much as possible and then land in Houston early tomorrow morning hopefully catching the flight to Managua at 9am. 

38 bags are missing. Medical supplies and clothing. I don't know yet if I will have my bedding when we leave for the village tomorrow morning at 8am. It'll be a five hour bus ride and its expected to be 94F.

I have laughed so much!!

I sat be total strangers on the planes who also loved Jesus and encouraged me on my merry way. 
I am loved here. By Jesus. Everything has made me feel loved.

I have thus far encountered geckos and bats...in our main area. I haven't minded.
I honestly feel at home here.. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment