Saturday, June 7, 2014

Life to the Full

"The thief comes only to steal and destroy, but I have come so that you may have life and have it to the full."

Guys, if you don't know Jesus... You are missing out on the greatest adventure of all. Knowing Jesus is the best because 1) You are ALWAYS loved and everything that happens is to let you know you are loved. And 2) Jesus wants you to have a fun-filled, joy to the max life. And he doesn't joke around. 


My life is overflowingly filled!! Joy beyond all comprehension guards my heart. All the time. 


I don't think I'll be able to keep up blogging with all the amazing things the Lord has been doing.. but I'll blip a little bit every day for as long as I can keep this up anyways. It'll be short lived, probably, but I don't want you to get bored anyways. 


You know what's great??? Having Jesus and having friends that love Jesus!! You know what we did?? We were watching the sunset whilst driving into the country side and worried we might not get to see all of it. So we pulled off on some gravel road in the middle of who-knows-where-Kalona-Iowa-Amish-country and turned up our praise and worship music in the car as we watched the sunset behind the hills. I mean, how do you beat Phil Wickham proclaiming "YOU'RE BEAUTIFULLLLLL OOOOOOOOOO" Whilst the sun goes down?? "When we arrive on eternity's shore, where death is just a memory and tears are no more, we'll enter in as the wedding bells ring, your bride will come together and we'll sing, 'You're beautiful'" 


I mean, be still my heart, the Lord is epic. And then you know what we did? We went 4-wheeling across the country-side through fields and pastures and up and down hills and woods and deep grasses for the next couple hours. How thrilling is that??? So thrilling!! I mean.. people do those sorts of things and they are thrilling.. I mean.. they can be normal... but they're epic thrilling when you know that the Lord reached down from heaven and was like, "I love you guys, and I want you to have a good time, here is a friend who owns a 4 wheeler and will gladly adventure you across the country side in it. And I will give you the perfect night for it, with no wind and warm air, with the smells of fresh cut grass and cow pastures and flowers. I will make the moon to be bright and the stars to be brilliant and fire flies to be sparkly. I will put baby cows in your path and little bunnies to hop and add joy to the adventure. Because I love you, I will bless you with more blessing than you can even comprehend. " 


Because that is the God I serve. When we were done 4 wheeling, We were on a roof watching the stars. And when we weren't on the roof, we were on the trampoline watching the stars. And I saw 3 shooting stars. They were beautiful. Life is beautiful. 


And you know what else? We got to talk about Jesus with each other, too. Not much else beats a thrilling night of adventures followed by sweet discussion of the Father's love whilst being in some tangled cuddly mass on a trampoline with your sweet friends. Nights like those are ones to treasure forever. 


All that being said, you all should get to know Jesus because He makes likes really great!


No comments:

Post a Comment