Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Rant To Pass Time

It's another rainy-ish day! Which... I don't mind. Rain makes me thoughtful. Also, I'm home alone... I got off work at 1030 and intended to drive straight to the supposed car fixer upper place so as to finally do something about fixing my poor car... but I had already transferred all the contacts out of my phone but needed to activate the new one.. so I thought it best to wait til that was done. But then... that took forever and I don't wanna go searching for this body shop over someone's potential lunch break. So I'm just... hanging out. 

I tried to find it yesterday. But the directions the man gave me three days ago had washed mostly off my hand and I don't have a GPS and my Google Maps directions dropped me out to the middle of no where dirt roads sketchy-ville so after driving an hour.. I gave up and came home. Which.. I was slightly okay with since the thought of having to meet a new mechanic/car fixer upper makes my heart pound so badly and my stomach do knots and I could literally cry on command. (They are the BANE of my existence) I think I experience mini heart palpitations just thinking about having to go through this again.. as well as pure fear and panic. 

I mean... Really it's one of those things where I'd like to just forget about it and pretend it never happened... but my friend's mom is quite determined to keep me accountable (Which I mostly appreciate because I can tell it's because she cares) but it feels somewhat like, "oh hey... You don't like scary packs of man-eating wolves? Why don't I just throw you into their pen 'til you get used to them"

*sigh* But... I'm supposed to be a grown up now handling my own. 

I think I'd handle mechanics better if they didn't think that my gender was equivalent to "car retarded: can-charge-lots-of-extra-moneys-and-she-wont-notice." I have no more arms or legs to spare after the last 4 auto shops I've been to... with the previous 5 vehicles I've gone through.... all in the last year and a half. 

Oh Lord have mercy. 

It's not that I'm hard on my cars... it's that the mechanics are so hard on my pocket book that I just as soon go swap out for a different car than pay $2,800 to have my spark wires fixed. Who does that, anyways? 

So... that being said.. I'm just biding my time to go hunting for this new place. Kinda like everything else kinda terrible I ever encounter, I just want to face it and put it behind me for the rest of my life. Well, that's a lie.. I don't want to face it. But it's the only way to get from step A (having a problem) to point C (having no problem). 

Okay... I shall stop car ranting. I will just have to trust the Lord that things will work out. If the guy is great, than win. And if it's awful, I will just get to cry for  a little and THEN move away and never come back. 

Aye.. I'ma have to psych myself up for this. Breathe, trust Jesus, try not to be anxious to the point of puking. Ready break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment