Thursday, March 20, 2014

Back to the Mission House in Managua, Nicaragua


Hola mi familia!!

I probably spelled that wrong. But hello! We are back at the mission house after four intense days in the village of Casa Blanca! Whew! I'm not ready to leave. We arrived in the village around noon on Sunday and immediately went to work setting up the clinic. Amanda and I sat on the floor of the pharmacy assembling an evangacube when the little kids of the village noticed us. I had to step out to help with something and when I came back, Amanda was totally surrounded by about 25 children. Her Spanish was pretty good and she communicated well with the kids. She was a great teacher, also, and I am able to carry on broken conversations as well as, at least, understand what the kids were saying to me.

We worked mostly in children's church, sharing the gospel 4 or 5 times a day and then playing with the kids between time in the pharmacy. The kids were SO loving and so affectionate. Listening to them scream out "yes Jesus loves me" at the top of their lungs brought tears to my eyes.

On Monday, Amanda and I went out with the Vet team and got the pleasure of chasing 6 cows through a field for a couple hours. Along with holding crabs, visiting the remains of a mammoth fossil museum and passing out a dozen Bibles to the people we shared the gospel with. Mostly we watched the men do it, but it was a pleasure to see it and be a part of it.

Amanda and I have been singing together for church every night and last night we finished the service with Revelation Song. We were given many hugs by crying villagers when we were done.
I love that even though verbal communication was rough,
Gods love knows no bounds. I have a lot of stories to tell, but Internet is sketch. We have rested, we've treated ourselves for lice, and we will have a debriefing meeting soon.

On the bus ride home today, one of our team members, Andrew, who is 19, informed our bus driver that he would really like to eat an Iguana for supper.
So, like ya do, the bus driver pulled up to a street side shop, had his helper guy jump out, and jump back in with a very large, live Iguana. The cooks are preparing it for him. Ha...only in Nicaragua.

Thank you for your prayers!! We will return to the states on Saturday. Pray for safety in the Market tomorrow and also for health in this heat.

Much love!
Fern

1 comment:

  1. Fern!

    This is wonderful! Joining with you all in prayer from my desk in Tennessee! Love you!

    ReplyDelete