Sunday, March 16, 2014

Arrived safely

Greetings from Nicaragua! After over 20 hours of travel, I crawled into my bunk around 12:30am US time and told The Lord I'd like Him to make me wide awake at whatever time he wanted me to be wide awake.

I didn't have a time telling device in my bunk with me, so I just scrambled out of bed when I felt woken up. It's 5am here. Me and The Lord are gonna catch up on account I didn't take the time yesterday.

My right hand is blue. I attempted to prayer journal while the plane was still in the processes of going up and the pressure/altitude change caused my pen to explode.

I feel like I've come home. I eagerly looked out the window when we arrived last night and watched the signs, nightclubs, motorcycles, people...everything. Even the trash in the ditch just seems right. My heart has been SO happy.

Traveling went well yesterday. No hookups or lost luggage. The 6 hour layover was spent playing people watching bingo and cards and chatting, and walking as fast as we could on the loving sidewalks.

The flights were good! There was a lot of turbulence on the first flight, on account of a lightning storm. Stuff flew off our laps and the plan dipped a bunch...I LOVED it. I love turbulence. At the point where I was saying "weeeeeeeeee" and everyone else was holding their stomaches, one of my team members asked if I had prayed for it...uhm...yes kinda. I mean, I prayed for an adventure! If the plane plunges a bit and things fall all everywhere and the cabin screams cuz they think they're about to meet Jesus in person, sounds like an adventure to me!!

But really though, all was well. And here I am! Sitting in a rocking chair out on the deck, watching the sunrise and listening to the chickens crow. I love it! I love it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment