Monday, October 28, 2013

In Remembrance of Him


Blessed. That would be the best word to describe the richness of my life right now. I have many stories to accommodate this feeling, but I just want to talk about the wonderful time I had with my friends on Friday. 

We'd planned this for months. One of my most favorite things ever is to gather people together and talk about Jesus and encourage each other. I mean, small-talk parties are great too, but sometimes I just want to know what's going on in the lives of my friends and give them a place of peace and rest and a moment to step back and be encouraged. 

I like people too. The easiest way to make friends to is sit by someone sitting alone. I've collected 5 or 6 friends this way and they are very near and dear to my heart. One of these friends has kindly let me to use his back yard with a bonfire pit to gather my friends on occasion. It was at one of our gatherings in August when a couple of us determined that we should gather at least once a month and talk about our lives and encourage each other as the Bible says to not give up meeting together and breaking bread and remembering what Christ has done. 

So,here it was, October 25th and it was time to gather the friends together once more for the breaking of bread and remembering all the Lord has done. In a recent visit to my grandparents and parents' houses, I was blessed with many pumpkins and potatoes and tomatoes and carrots and one poor watermelon that never fully ripened. 

Well, the Lord has richly blessed me and with five potatoes, 1 carrot, 6 tomatoes, 1 small pumpkin, 7 apples, and that sad watermelon, I was able to prepare enough food (with the help of my roommates as well) and welcome people to feel at home. 

I didn't even make a dent in what I have been given and it was really like the Lord blessing the 2 fishes and 5 loaves of bread as there was plenty left over afterwards, even though there were over a dozen people partaking of the Lord's goodness. I am blessed with people to welcome into my home. I love that. 

I love to have my house full of laughter and joy and love.

For now it is back to the grinding stone. Back to reality of school work, papers, and take-home exams. I have a lot to look forward to this weekend with my parents coming and such business as that. Until then, there is much to get done. But I feel so blessed to occasionally have pauses in my life when we can reflect on what the Lord has done and take communion in remembrance of it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment