Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Time Flies...

Goodness gracious!! Time is just disappearing ever so quickly, especially since school is out and I have since moved back to Storm Lake for the summer. 
Moving back was certainly a crazy wonderful wirl wind of events by itself. The Friday before finals week I knocked my mouth with a metal folding chair and broke off half of one of my front teeth. This was no surprise as it had been broken 10 years prior and glued on with the assurance that it would soon fall off again. After surviving a week and a half as a hill-billy, I now have a new smile that i wonder at every day because it looks so much more real than it is. 
Since school has been out, I've managed to walk/run 66 of my 1000 miles for the summer. I'm miles and miles behind my goal, but I'm slowly but surely conquering them. 


Coming home was pretty crazy as there were quite a few siblings to greet me and welcome me home and of course they were all telling me everything I'd missed all at the same time. I LOVE my big family. I'm always just slightly overwhelmed first getting home though. :) 


I spent a weekend in Wisconsin helping a dear friend move things as she and her husband prepare to leave the Bible school from which they just graduated and come back to Iowa for a little bit while she works on acquiring a nursing degree. It was an intense weekend! :)


Now I am home again. Briefly of course. On Friday I'll head back to Iowa City to put my possessions into boxes to be stored at my new location until my lease there starts as I will not be available to move in July. 


I've also switched over to the Candida diet in an attempts to make better progress on my intestinal health issues.  It's a little more intense than what i was trying. But we'll see if it fixes me.... I really want to be better :/


So in between being gone on weekends and my 12 mile walks/runs every day, I'm working on 6 credit hours of class. I figured I'd take a writing class to boost my GPA a little... It's a little more than I expected it to be. :/ But I have thus far managed 5 papers..... just 21 to go. And Stats is.. blah. Me and math are not friends. But we'll see how much I can pack in before I start my internship with The Bridge on Just 1st. Phew!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment