Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moments with God

So this is a little late but I still wanted to share it. :) 
This past semester, my roommate and I decided that since there are SO many moments in a week where God reaches down and put his fingerprints on our lives, we should write them down and treasure those moments forever. Thus! Our "God Moments" box was born and every week at Bible study we'd write down the precious things we saw God do on a note card and stored them away for the end of the semester when we would open the precious box and read over all the memories we had captured. 




The night was gloriously warm without wind and so we celebrated our God moments in the park with strawberry shortcake :) 


Just a few of the moments :)

Every single notecard represents one or more God Moment ... as you can see, God did a TON of things in our lives this past semester. 

As our Bible study will be shifting and reshaping next semester, we gave our girls a gift of our pictures from our natural  beauty night captioned with the verse that says, "The King is enthralled by your beauty" from Psalms.

The joy on their faces is so priceless!! I snapped these pictures as they looked at their picture for the first time.

It was SUCH a joyful time to read over everything God had done for us and to remember how God had carried us through the semester. Starting the God Moments box was purely experimental, but I think it's something I'll like to keep up with the next Bible study I lead. 

Especially after times when I felt like I wasn't growing or that I was actually going backwards in my walk with God after such a rough semester, I had a whole handful of reminders of the things God had done for me. There was so much to remember and it was a joyful time as we read them off to each other. I'm getting chills just thinking about it... it was so good! 

I would encourage everyone to try it sometime, whether it is keeping a journal or writing it on a notecard, we need to remembering what God has been doing for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment