Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day Everyone!

Blogging is really one of the best ways to procrastinate things one needs to accomplish. My To-Do list keeps growing and the more it grows, the less motivation I have to tackle it. 


One thing I did manage to complete is picking a topic for my ASL presentation. The next thing on my list is to practice and perfect the presentation by 8:30am tomorrow. :/ I've been working on it for the last hour and a half and since my Tuesday has already been quite full (Class 8:30-4:30) I'm quite tired and needing a break from signing. The thing about the assignment is that I get nervous sometimes when I do presentations. When I get nervous, my hands shake. This is not usually a terrible thing for most presentations, but when you're presenting in American Sign Language... shaking hands does not work out for you so well. I imagine it's the equivalent of someone getting a terrible case of hiccups while giving a speech. :/


After that, I need to respond to some messages and emails that have been awaiting my attention for far too long... phew. 


Then, I have a final on Thursday which then leads into my needing to start studying for finals week next week/ packing up some things before I move back to Storm Lake for a little bit. 


Oh well, the life of being a student, I guess. 


I'm also getting the hang of the sleep deprivation part of being in college. I started out my college life going to bed at 10pm and waking up @ 6am. That ship has sailed away.. apparently. And while I've also been recreationally addicted to coffee, I can see now why people can come to depend on it as the crux of their being. I used to be so addicted to coffee I could drink a cup before going to bed and sleep just fine. Now since i only treat myself to it on rare occasion, I'm realizing how useful it is in helping one stay up a little later to complete assignments and study for impending exams. (LOVE coffee!) 







No comments:

Post a Comment