Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Worthy of the Gospel

"One of you routes a thousand because the Lord your God fights for you, just as He promised." 
Joshua 23:10



I haven't had a ton of really concrete goals since coming to college. I've had dreamy types of goals like getting a job after graduation and working for a church or going in to ministry some where. Things that I like the idea of but nothing that'll break my heart if it doesn't happen. (Okay, so job would really be nice.. my heart would probably break if I end up homeless). 

I didn't grow up going to school so I didn't grow up doing See You at The Pole. It wasn't my passion in highschool, but it was a nice idea when I came to school. Every year it gets a little bigger and students get a little more passionate and unity between campus ministries grows a little stronger. 

I'm still not passionate about See You At the Pole itself. I mean, yes. But, campus ministry unity is my passion. No words can describe what happened today. 

No picture captured it either. 

We took turns putting different campus ministries in the middle of our circle and praying over them and sending them out. We all prayed at once and the "joyful noise" of everyone praying at the same time (Korean style) was something to give you Holy Spirit goosebumps. 

By 6:45am there were at least 16 people in attendance and they kept showing up. From all different directions, on bikes, on foot, in groups and alone, it's was a beautiful army. 


We worshiped and we prayed. And the sun rose and the Son shown. 

At the very end we joined in one big massive circle of hugging and we all prayed at once for each other and all the other ministries not present. And then we all sang. 

I've sang "Oh How He Loves" a billion times. I LOVE that song. But guys, let me tell you about being arm in arm with people from different ministries as we sang "How He loves us all." No ministry greater than another. No one better or more loved or more blessed. We are loved. And we are to love. 

All I can think now are the lyrics to the song "break every Chain" by Jesus Culture. 

"There is power in the name of Jesus. And there's an army rising up 
to break every chain, to break every chain, to break every chain" 

Oh yes, Iowa, the number one party school in the US. The Lord is there and He has a plan. Whilst student come to party and fill the empty void in the center of their lives, the Lord is advancing His kingdom. All those empty hearts are the perfect place for the Lord to take up residence. 

And He is. Yes, He is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment