Monday, November 7, 2011

Nations Night and Painting Past Times

My Roommate and I are leading a Bible study together at our apartment. We recently had a night focusing on missions and God's heart for the nations... well.. we MEANT for it to be focused on that, after all that is what was talked about in the Salt Company's large group meeting. Our nations night was actually a fellowship night as we casually talked about the up coming missions opportunities and shared past experiences we've had.  
In our efforts to make it a casual and friendly atmosphere, my roommate and I decided to serve "ethnic food"... we didn't have anything actually ethnic besides the rice and sweet and sour chicken.. but we all enjoyed it and had a great time together. 


Tortilla chips w/ dip
Pita bread w/ humus
Sticky rice w/ Sweet nd sour chicken
Pizza


I fell in love with pita bread and humus after reading through the Old Testament and learning about the feast of unleavened bread.  :) 

Ha.. not that pizza is very Italian.. but we tried. 



One of my roommates recently got bored with her phone cover and decided to paint it. I was sitting at the table watching her until she asked me if I would like to paint something. She offered me a tin can which I painted to kind of look like the Tardis from Dr. Who.... idk... it's a little sketch. 

I also found a mug in my room that I had been given for attending a church over the summer. I was pleased with my results. 


I'm not much of a painter.. as you can see.. but I enjoy such childlike pleasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment