Friday, June 3, 2011

And the Summer Starts... Now?

Hello friends!!! Or.. family! Or... whoever reads this... idk.. maybe I'm just talking to my computer.
BUT! I have 16 minutes of freetime at this moment in my life (Which is very rare) and thus I wanted to blog. Maybe. This will probably not make a lot of sense. 


You see.. I had a couple glorious weeks of summer at home with my fam... 2 I think.. and now I am at work at a camp in the middle of Iowa.  Exhausted would be an understatement about how I feel. If I put my head down on this keyboard it wouldn't take much more than a minute and a half  for me to be asleep. 


I spent my last week and a half at home going to bed at 2am and waking up at 8 everyday and thus started out my week at camp for staff training pretty sleep deprived. ( I would not suggest this.) 
Day #1 here was not officially staff training and so I had a day of helping with the film crew for the movie parts of the skits we're doing and a few other random busy work stuff. Wednesday was when the real training began. We did get-to-know-you stuff when our fellow staff co-worker people and then an afternoon of going over insurence policy and worker's comp stuff. I was sleep deprived going into this and thus really emotional.. we had to watch a 10 minute security tape of a little boy drowning in a pool. It was real. That was difficult. On top of that we walked the whole 40 somthin acres of camp, had other training stuff and other factors stuff.. when my day ended.. I sat down on a hill and cried for about an hour. 


My next day was not much better. I was on the verge of tears, i felt like, for most of the day. Just tired and stressed and homesick. I had a lot of opportunity to pray in the evening and thus felt better by the end of the day. I think God is the only way I shall survive this summer. (Actually I KNOW this).  
We have meetings every day but sunday that start at 6 45 am and our days end at 9 30pm. I get 6 hours of sleep at best. I am tired. If you read this.. you may pray for me. I would appreciate that. 


My free time has ended. Maybe someday I can write more about the good parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment