Tuesday, January 13, 2015

More Florida

I'm waiting on the arrival of a new keyboard and have really avoided blogging in the mean while. I've thought about anecdotal stories about my life here..as you may have noticed from the last blog...but as exciting as it all is, I can't seem to form it into some any sort of description that would convey it as such. But it has been one grand adventure. 

I often find myself in wonder at where I find myself presently and imagine what it would been like if my past self was told what was coming ahead of time. For example, on Sunday night I baby sat the children of a couple I met my freshman year at Iowa. They were on staff with cru at the good ol U of I and so I, of course, interacted with them multiple times. Even after I left cru, even. Last year as I lived my nanny life in Iowa City, I occasionally worked at a church day care...where I watched the youngest of the three I baby sat Sunday. Driving through the neighborhood gate and pulling in to their parking space Sunday was such a weird moment where my far away Florida life all the sudden collided with my former Iowa City life. What an odd feeling to see Univeristy of Iowa people in Florida. If someone told me last year as I scraped ice off my car in preparation for heading to baby sit at Parkview church in Iowa City that I'd be watching the same little girl at her home in Orlando, Florida..I probably would never have believed it. But as it was, I guess they moved here and then I showed up here and the dad somehow contacted my cousin for a baby sitter and my cousin was busy with church stuff and asked if I'd like to and it was like..,"uhh.. I know them already."

So that was crazy. Small world, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment